Puffy eyes makes one less attractive. The early you get rid of it the better. Puffy or red eyes are lackluster and make you look tired and ill. Puffy
Puffy or red eyes are lackluster and make you look tired and ill. Puffy eyes are one of the most common beauty problems. Eyes that are bright and sparkling attract attention more.
Puffiness is often caused by the accumulation of fluids around the eye. Besides sleeping on your face, crying or lack of sleep, if you’re menstruating or pregnant, retaining food, eating salty food or drinking water less than two hours before bed, you are likely to wake up with puffy eyes.
Rubbing aggravates irritation and tends to make your eyes puffier. For immediate relief, do not rub your eyes when you see them puffy.
Natural Remedies For Puffy Eyes
Nature’s best ingredients for removing puffy eyes are cucumber and potato. Take a small raw potato or cucumber, slice it into small pieces and blend to a fine consistency. Strain the excess juice and reserve the pulp. Make a cup of basil tea and mix it well with the pulp. Pour the mixture into an ice tray and freeze it.
- Whenever you have puffy or red eyes, dab the ice cube on your closed eyes for some time. Rinse your eyelids gently and pat dry.
- Use your middle finger and gently press along the eyebrow and around the eye socket. This will stimulate the lymphatic system and help drain excess fluid. The swelling will reduce.
- Take a rounded metal spoon and place it in your fridge for few minutes. When it gets cold, take it out and hold the rounded portion against your eye for few minutes. This helps in reducing the puffiness.
- To make your red or sore eyes look healthy and sparkling, mix 2 tbsp water to a glass of mineral water. Bathe your eyes in this solution 3-4 times a day.
- Apply a cold compress on your eyes such as cloth dipped in cold water or ice cubes in a wash cloth. When the cloth feels warm, dip it in cold water again or add more ice. Repeat this at least 4-5 times or till you feel the puffs under your eyes drained out.
- Applying a cold tea bag wrapped in tissue on closed eyes makes the skin taut and reduces puffiness. The natural astringent in tea – tannin works wonders.
- Strips of grated potato or cucumber placed under the eyes help to reduce the swelling.
- Soak cotton wool pad either in iced water or ice-cold milk. Lie down with dampened pads over your closed eyes. Replace the pads when warm. Continue to till puffiness reduces. This also brightens the whites of your eyes.
- Drinking enough water to help your body stay hydrated. This will help reduce the puffiness around your eyes.
- Make sure you get enough sleep with regular timings. Inadequate sleep shows on the eyes more than on any other part of the body. Sleep soothes the eyes and relieves fatigue.
- Dip cotton wool pads in ice-cold rose water. Use them as eye pads over closed eyes.
- Stiffly beat a few egg whites. Add a drop or two of witch hazel. Apply to the face and under the eyes with a brush. This will make the skin feel tighter and look less puffy.
- If you keep your head in an elevated position while you sleep, it discourages fluids from settling around your eyes.
- Avoid eating salty foods like chips, pickles, drinking alcohol that retains fluids that settle in the eye area.
Make sure you exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to something.
The post Puffy Eyes: The Natural Solutions That Actually Work! appeared first on Sound Health and Lasting Wealth.