LIVERPUDLIAN Callum Smith will defend his WBA World Super Middleweight crown in his home city against fellow Brit John Ryder on Saturday night. Smith,
LIVERPUDLIAN Callum Smith will defend his WBA World Super Middleweight crown in his home city against fellow Brit John Ryder on Saturday night.
Smith, 29, is unbeaten in 26 professional fights and also holds the WBC Diamond belt, which will be up for grabs on the weekend.
When is Smith vs Ryder?
- This WBA super middleweight title fight will take place on Saturday, November 23.
- The ring walks for the main event are expected at around 10:30pm UK time.
- The venue for the evening’s action is the M&S Bank Arena, formerly known as the Echo Arena.
What TV channel is it on and can I live stream it?
Smith vs Ryder will be shown live on Sky Sports Action from 7pm and Sky Sports Main Event from 8:30pm.
Sky Sports customers can live stream this fight via the app on their computer, tablet and mobile devices.
Alternatively, you can purchase a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £9.99.
How do the fighters compare?
- Smith has won all 26 of his fights, while Ryder has won 28 and lost four of his 32
- The Scouse champion stands at 6ft 3in tall, five inches taller than Ryder
- Smith also has six inches more reach than the challenger – 78″ compared to “72
- Ryder, 31, is older than Smith, 29, and turned pro more than two years before the WBA title holder
- Smith has an impressive knockout record of 73.08 per cent, while Ryder’s is a little more modest 50.
Who is on the undercard?
The Commonwealth Cruiserweight title is on the line in another all-British clash on the undercard as Scouser Craig Glover takes on Chris Billam-Smith in a cracking domestic scrap.
Also on the bill is James Tennyson against Craig Evans in a fight where the winner could be looking at a possible world title shot in the lightweight division in 2020.
Boxing news LIVE – All the latest news and updates
Floyd Mayweather and UFC president White spotted at NBA courtside together
Aubameyang has NOT renewed contract as he ‘is waiting for Barcelona transfer’
DEONT MISS IT
Wilder warns ‘don’t blink’ as he vows to KO Ortiz and set up undisputed fight
KING VS KONG
Wilder vs Ortiz 2: UK start time, live stream, TV channel and undercard
I’M A CELEB
KSI will fight again after Logan Paul win… but is only interested in ‘celebs’
Ruiz vs Joshua 2 UK ring walk time CONFIRMED: When is it and how to watch it?
‘I’M A CHAMPION’
Joshua insists he didn’t ‘become a p***y overnight’ ahead of Ruiz rematch
Meet Evgeny Romanov, last man to KO Wilder who fans want to see fight again
Anthony Fowler will also box in front of a home crowd as he hopes to impress in order to get the Scott Fitzgerald rematch next year.
- Callum Smith vs John Ryder (super middleweight)
- James Tennyson vs Craig Evans (lightweight)
- Craig Glover vs Chris Billam-Smith (cruiserweight)
- Anthony Fowler vs Harry Scarff (super welterweight)
- Tom Farrell vs Sean Dodd (super lightweight)
- Thomas Whittaker Hart vs Josip Perkovic (light heavyweight)
- Tom Aitchison vs TBA (welterweight)
- Marcos Molloy vs TBA (lightweight)